I'm no superwoman

I was so tired at the hospital today cos i haven't compensated so many days of sleep. My last oncall was 2 days ago; slept for less than 2 hours for the whole day. Was exhausted while reviewing patients the following day, with eyebags weighing about 1 kg bilaterally. Nodded off several times while writing in their files - while sitting and standing. But after morning rounds i decided to go to Malacca rather than taking my well-deserved sleep. I shopped the whole day and got back at about 11pm cos there was a dumb road block on the highway. Was back to work today at 6:30am, sleepy as usual. After 5pm, i went out for tea, got home at 7pm, took an hour's nap and went for futsal practice. Just got back, and rather than sleeping immediately, i took a nice refreshing shower and am currently blogging the events of the day. A day well-planned (not!). heehee. 

I think i've over exerted myself... yet again..

It's a vicious, never-ending cycle. 

I still don't know how to manage my time. I always plan to have a good rest whenever i have even the shortest of breaks, but when that moment comes i decide otherwise. I start getting into a self-conflict. Thinking that it's such a waste to spend my free time sleeping. I'd rather relax in other ways and do things that i hardly get the chance to do (well, i mean other than sleeping of course) e.g. shopping, or tidying up the house, or learning how to cook (i'm way behind on this).

I need to start getting my priorities straight and start planning my days well. I need to stop procrastinating. I have lots of important dates in the near future which require meticulous preparations.  So many things are way overdue!

I'm gonna start listing my things to do daily, beginning right now. 
First thing on my list:
  1. Sleep
I'm shleepies. Goodnight world. 

Wassalam



Don't ask me why, but i have a lot of photos of myself sleeping.

Comments

Post a Comment