The list... dum, dum, dum

Soo...

I’ve reached that point in my life where i have to start planning my days very well. Planning for “that day”. You may choose to replace “that day” with whatever event you wish  :D

I’ve been rather busy lately (and yet still have time to blog! Haha it keeps me sane). Oncalls have been getting more frequent and i’ve been putting so many things on hold; too many things which are important, mind you. Procrastination is the unwanted yet inevitable product of busyness. But i can’t completely place the blame on my work. I’ve always been hopeless when it comes to time management. 

To overcome my laziness and procrastination during my student days i’d make a list of things to do and then put it into a timetable. I had to cos my life was pretty hectic (as it is for everyone else, i’m sure) having to divide my time between sports, studies, sleep, religion, (shopping!) and etc. Furthermore, i had several study groups going on at the same time i.e one for the professional exams, one for my current posting, and another for both (this one i called the redundant study group for fine-tuning = the most important one).
I would plan my day down to the minute, including short naps ranging from 30 mins to 1 hour, and a few minutes to browse through the mall for clothes. With this timetable, my life was well laid out for me. It’s like my whole life (well, for the following 1-2 weeks) was on paper. And as long as i religiously followed it, i knew that i had no reason to feel unsettled or anxious about something i may have missed. 

So, why do i feel lost and unsettled at this very moment in time??

Doh! Syaima, it’s because you’ve been floating through life without aim. (whoops monologuizing again.. quit it!). Going where the wind takes me. And what’s my excuse? - Every time i try to sit down to make that darn list, brain hypoxia overwhelms and takes me into a deep and often prolonged state of unconsciousness called sleep.  Sleep - My body wants it; my brain detests it. I’ve been in a neverending conflict with myself, trying not to succumb to the temptations of sleep, but apparently, i have a weak brain which buckles under the pressure placed by my body (not literally of course, cos anatomically my brain is OBVIOUSLY above my body haha).  Brain, be strong! Boycott the body! (i think i may have just started a war with myself haha :D)

In order to succeed in life, we must have an ambition. To reach our goals, we must take control of our lives and not just go with the flow. So it’s time to take that pen (/PDA/whatever technology u use) and start organizing our lives now! Start with a list of things to do, then proceed to ranking them in order of urgency and importance. Once you’re happy with that list, start calendaring each item. It does require that extra energy u may have been planning to use for something more “important”, but it’s simpler than it seems and it will hopefully make the next few days feel more relaxed. And trust me if you’re the anxious type like me, this is the ultimate cure. 

InshaAllah :D


Comments